Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hammer's two approaches

SOC-P
Another article pointing out the false education practice of those traditional teachers (I'm not anymore).  Good students find a way to survive and have learned to play the game for grades.
(Hammer)

I have notice with students when I give a deductive/inductive reasoning logic puzzles, the students who earn the A's are not the first ones to finish.  They would get frustrated because they were the "smart kids."  A C student can solve the puzzle clearly and quickly.  I thought, if only the C student did his homework, they could earn better grades.  I then wondered if the C student maybe bored with formulas and problems.  How do I engage them more into physics?


1 comment:

  1. Ah grading. How do we grade in a way that actually represents what students know and are able to do with the physics and doesn't only reflect effort? Another great questions!

    ReplyDelete