Monday, July 1, 2013

SOCS-C  The big workbook of lessons is a nice addition to a teachers resource bookshelf.  When a conceptual problem is addressed as the concept is introduced can start the conceptual change in the student maybe without really knowing it.  (Camp, Clement)

In the past, before I knew I was a transmission physics instructor, I would have told a rookie teacher that they would be nuts to spend two lessons and a lab on the Normal Force!  My students seem to have the idea that a table pushes back, possible not to the microscopic target range, but where they have trouble is the direction a ramp pushes back while at an angle or what happens to the normal force when two forces push against it.  As I think, just after I write, maybe I see what a stronger definition can do to help my students work.  Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment